Wednesday, January 23, 2008

We Have Another Winner!!!


Whoop! Whoop! I have another Citizen of the Month! My younger daughter, Morgan,(lovingly referred to as Mo.), has been chosen as a winner by her teacher. I was asking her what she did to make the teacher pick her, and she said "I don't know Mama?" Maybe that was what got her picked. It is always sad to see the same kids in the office when I go up there to give my kids meds. There are ones who are just trouble from the get go. You can just tell by the look in their eyes. They are the gum chewers, paper ball throwers, and kickers of shins! They are the kid equivalent to Upset Waitress! Then there are the separatists. The ones who are afraid to leave Mom and Dad. They are the pants wetters. There is a whole wardrobe in the nurses office for these kids. They have to have their parents bring changes of clothes to the school and see the district psychologist. Then there are the Ill-ers. The kids who are constantly sick or faking being sick. They have headaches, pains in the neck, bumps, bruises, and a whole plethora of problems that they know the school can't do a thing about. The nurse calls the parent and the kid waits in the nurses office. You can just tell the little buggers are faking, but in today's litigious society, the school can't do a darn thing about it but call and hope the parents are so pissed at having to leave work early that they beat some sense into the little brats. I see all these kids on a daily basis. And if that is just the ones that get sent to the office, I don't even want to know what the ones are like in the class room. The chatty ones, the day dreamers, the unprepared scatter brained ones,...... there are too many to name! I guess that's why my kid got picked for Citizen of the Month. She is a quiet, hard working little soul! Now a days, that's what the poor, underpaid, over worked teachers of America really want!

Anyway, my kid rocks.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Ahhh yes, I was the daydreamer. I fell asleep so many times in class I'm amazed that I was able to move on.

Blondefabulous said...

LOL! I was the school nerd. Always nose deep in my text books!