Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions.... Reservations....


Here we are, the second day of 2008 and many other bloggers are writing about their resolutions. I guess I could do that as well, but my resolutions are usually in depth studies of something I really need. Like the first one...


1. I am going to exercise regularly.


Yeah, yeah, everyone makes this one. I, however, have things that can affect my being able to exercise. My Celiac's symptoms can get VERY aggravated by excessive exercise. Weight training is a big no-no. It makes sticking to a form of exercise difficult, but I am going to start walking to my kids school in the morning to bring them their meds. It's only about 3/4 to 1 mile away, and If I leave about an hour early and take my time, I should be able to keep up with it. Before HHH and I were married in Vegas, I used to have him drop me off a mile from work before my shift and I'd make that in half an hour. I dropped 30 pounds in 6 months doing that. I just need the exercise though. My heart has been palpitating while doing the simplest of things and I need to ease the stress on it.


2. Eat better.


Yes, everyone says this one too. I REALLY need to do this one! I need to have more fruits and veggies, and less butter and fats in my cooking, ( said as I am still digesting yesterday's meal of black eyed peas, collard greens, and corn bread!) My whole family could use to do this also. Since I am the cook for us all, I am going to drag them with me kicking and screaming. HHH loves my fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I am going to have to make it less often. He won't be happy.


3. Spend more quality time with HHH.


We almost never get to have time to ourselves. With three kids, it is difficult at the best of times, but add on one who is diabetic and another who is diabetic and has Celiac's disease, and babysitters become impossible to get. The diabetes kept me from putting my kids into daycare because it was impossible to find one that wanted to deal with the blood and injections. Now we have to practically beg someone we know, take care of all medical things before we leave,(we'd do that anyway.), and can only be out for about an hour or two. On a Friday, you could wait that long on line at a restaurant for a table! We are going to have to do some major planning ahead and just give up spontaneity so we can spend more alone time together. It will be worth it.


So, those are the major resolutions I am going to attempt for the year. Nothing too terribly difficult, but things that will make a big impact on my life and how I live it. What have you people got for the 2008 resolution season?

No comments: