Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Trails, Cowboy.


I was so shocked when I clicked on my computer last night and saw the headline about Heath Ledger being dead! I yelled to my HHH about it and he was in disbelief as well. I love his movies. He always played his characters with such conviction. My favorite movie of his is his first American movie, "10 Things I Hate About You." It was funny. I already love Shakespeare, and the teen comedy rework of "Taming of the Shrew" was the funniest thing I had seen since "Moonlighting" did it's own version of the classic play. It would have been so easy for Ledger to turn into some teeny bopper movie star, but he didn't. He actually wanted to pick movies he felt good about, not just make a shit load of money. His best performance, and the one he will be remembered for most, was as the cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" That had to be a difficult but rewarding role.

I can at least breath a sigh that they are saying it was most likely an accident. The people jumping to conclusions about suicide are just idiots. A person considering suicide does not make appointments for a massage. They don't have things scheduled ahead of time. They aren't close to their family. The jerk wads saying this suicide crap are stupid. I am waiting for the coroner's report. He already was having trouble sleeping, and who knows? He may have had an aneurysm like John Ritter! All I can say is, I will miss the actor. I was looking forward to his next movie, that Batman flick, and to other movies he was going to be doing.


Good Night Heath.

No comments: