Thursday, December 6, 2007

Ugh! I have got to get better!


OMG! My throat is trying to close up! I am drinking my morning tea and trying to feel better. HHH stayed home today and let me sleep in. Awwww, how sweet! Yeah, he got up at 6am and got the kids ready for school while I stayed in bed. I woke up this morning with this chemical taste in my mouth. I have been racking my brain trying to think of what I ate or drank that would taste like it, but no luck. May be it is just my taste buds turning on me because I am sick. That always happens to me. It makes it hard to cook a decent meal for the family. I am trying really hard not to use a whole bunch of medications to dull my senses. Yesterday we went to the mall and met a friend and she was all worried that I was upset with her because I wasn't as chatty as I normally am. I tried to explain later that I was just on Dayquil and it makes me drowsy even though it specifically says it won't! I am such a light weight when it comes to medications. I guess that means I won't have to worry bout getting hooked on pills or the like. Hell, I am even allergic to marijuana! Oh yeah, that made me popular in college! Lol! Just kidding!


So far, I haven't had anyone take me up on my offer to send them a Christmas card. What? My cards aren't good enough for you? LOL! Just kidding. In this day and age, I can understand people not wanting to give up their identity to others. Still if you would like a card, read yesterday's post for my email and shoot me a line.


Well, this one is going to be short. I am ill and I need to relax and take some Tylenol for my fever. I think I need to invest in a Neti pot, but that would be a whole other post.


** Here is an addition to my post from this morning. I forgot to mention that I am going to see the Nutcracker tomorrow with my son. It is his classes field trip. I don't know if it's just me... but I am hoping it is an abbreviated version of the nutcracker because this is a class of Kindergartners we're talking about! I see them sitting still for about 10minutes before the attention span begins to wane. Add that to my being ill and we have the perfect storm of OMG! Junior is really excited about it. This is going to be his first field trip with the school. I remember my first field trip when I was a kid. We went to the local McDonalds. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Mickey D's. Talk about sad, but that was Okeechobee in the 70's. The next one we went on was to the Dairy farm. Boy, was that a smelly trip! Whew! I have to go because the school district doesn't have enough money to send an assistant along with him for his diabetes. I have to bring his med's and administer them on the trip seeing as how he is going to be eating lunch on the trip. He picked out his Lunchable yesterday at Wally World.
So that's all the news from here. I am going to take the camera with us tomorrow and snap a few photos and maybe put in another story for the local paper. We'll see!


No comments: