Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still Going...& What Are You Getting For Christmas?


Yes! Yes, I am still here! I know my posts are getting later and later in the day, but this head cold is all but debilitating and when you add this weeks visit from "Auntie Flo" you'll understand I have no energy and need to be flat on my back in bed! (TMI for the menfolk, but I know you ladies understand.)


I have been slowly getting my Christmas cards out. Mailing a few at a time seems to be best on my wallet. At 41 cents a stamp I can only afford a few at a time. I told my HHH that he was going to hand out his cards to his co-workers. No Mailing. Seeing as how most of them live here anyway, why waste a stamp. My open invitation for everyone who reads this to send me their address so I can mail them a little cheer was almost flatly ignored. I only had 2 takers. Still, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and if you don't have a holiday around this time, have a nice day! You don't have to be religious to enjoy being close to the people you love. I have four more to mail and I will be done. I have to call my sister and get her address. Maybe I'll call my mom and ask her for it. I need to go see mom and see what she wants to do for Christmas. I think they want us to come over and spend the day with them. We'll have to see. My son tends to get all ramped up on holidays and I don't know if they could take him for a prolonged period of time.


Now I have to figure out what to get everyone for Christmas. The kids will be easy. Rebecca wants CD's and Hannah Montana stuff, Morgan wants My Little Pony and WWE Wrestling stuff, (I know, great combo, right?), and Junior wants remote controlled cars and Spiderman stuff. The HHH is harder to look for. I know he needs a new drill, but I am usually lacking on the details he wants with it, like volts, cords, batteries, etc. My Mom and Dad don't really NEED anything. They have been down sizing the household clutter since the hurricanes of '04, when half their life was blown away. I may go to this store on the corner that has decorator items and see if I can't find something nice for them, or maybe to the pet store for something for their animals. They'll appreciate a nice fuzzy gift. After that, I don't really have anyone I have to buy for. I don't know what to get my sister. We have been away from each other for so long I just don't know. Maybe Mom will have an idea there too.


Well I'm running out of energy, so I'm going to lay down. Tell me, do you have your shopping list made out and organized? Or are you a type that shops at the last minute??


Oh P.S. I did another online article for the Hub. Hopefully it will get picked up by the paper again!!

1 comment:

Russ said...

never saw the invite for Christmas cards. Oh well, Merry Christmas!