Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Shopping Day!

Well, today is the day. HHH and I are going to begin to gather our gifts for Christmas. We are not alone. CNN says 35 million people have not started shopping yet. It seems we all have these "other" things we have to spend money on, like bills, mortgages, gas for the car,..... It's sad that retailers can't understand that we common folks have obligations to fulfill before we can blow a wad on useless crap. Speaking of useless crap, my daughter has decided that she wants a metal detector for Christmas. She was watching Cash and Treasures on the Travel Channel Sunday and saw the story on the Spanish Treasure fleet that wrecked off the coast. Now she has the treasure bug! I found it strange that she is forgoing the B-Bratz game/doll she wanted, but I think it's good that she is interested in diverse things, not just frou- frou tween crap. Speaking of tween crap..... did you see?? Jamie Lynne Spears is preggo!!! I guess slutty runs in the family! How many other people were waiting for this shoe to drop? I know I was, but in the back of my mind, I was hoping that she would rise above her sister's brand of crazy. She had everything..... a great TV show, fame, popularity...... GONE! The news says the 4th season of her show is already filmed and in the can, but you can bet that after that Nickelodeon will drop her faster than Pam Anderson drops husbands. (2 months) Mrs. Lynne Spears, the girls mom, had a book deal with some dumbass publishing house for a book on PARENTING! Really??She can tell other people how to successfully parent their children?? I don't think so. Not with one daughter that should be in the crazy house and another one 16 and preggers. The book is now on hold. Wonder why?? Is there no one I can feel good about my daughter watching on TV? I guess it's down to just Hannah Montana. That's OK I guess. If Billy Ray would just shave off that freakin' ridiculous soul patch.......
So anyway, back to the shopping thing. Rebecca wants a metal detector, Morgan wants the Pony Teapot Palace and the WWE Elimination Chamber play set, and Junior wants a remote controlled car. Easy right. We'll see. Last year, people were getting even more stupid by this time. I love to go in the parking lot and walk around until I see someone following me in their car, hoping for my parking space. I'll meander slowly through the parking lanes and then go "oh.... I forgot to buy so and so a gift." then go back into the store! Classic! Pisses the Spot Hunters to no end. In reality, I park as far away from the front door as possible. Just easier that way.
Well off to the stores! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Well Mama Spears (the elder) could do a "How not to do it" book...

Upset Waitress said...

Okay, all the Spear's girls should have their putrid holes sewn shut!