Sunday, December 16, 2007

Saturday, Sunday, Family Days....




Yesterday was fun. Junior got to go to his first invited birthday party. It was at a bowling alley. Now, I can't imagine 5 and 6 year olds doing a lot of bowling, but with the arcade and other things there, I'm sure they had a good time. HHH went with Junior as chaperon. Yeah.... he actually went and did a kid thing! I was so proud. I even convinced him to take the camera and snap a few photos so I could see how much fun they were having. What I couldn't figure out was how he got someone else's kid bowling and not mine! Ha ha! That's why I am the photographer in our family. After the party, HHH came home saying that since he went to this shindig, he now was exempt from having to go to any other child involved birthday merriment for the next 6 months. I laughed at him, and told him that we were taking turns and that was that!




While the boys were gone, the girls and I made Christmas cookies. I need to seriously go and pick up some new cookie cutters and sprinkles. I couldn't find a single one anywhere in the kitchen! Moving around a lot really takes a toll on my kitchen goods. We just improvised yesterday, but it turned out great! I made a nice little snowman family. We took a spice jar lid and used it as a cutter and put out about4 dozen cookies. We took turns cutting the dough, rolling it out, & sprinkling the sugar on them. It was nice to bond with my ladies again. Sometimes, I have to put so much effort into their younger brother and they really get the short end of the stick, attention wise. We got to talk and spend time and just have fun yesterday. In the above photos, you can see our handiwork. I think they did a good job. Lately the kids have been asking to be in the kitchen more and more. This has been stroking my ego a bit since I was a cheffy person in Memphis. My youngest daughter, Morgan, has decided that she wants Santa to bring her the Disney Princess Play Kitchen so she can be a chef like Mommy. Whoop Whoop for me! My son has had his eye on the Step 2 Grand Walk In Kitchen. Only a $260 + tax purchase! My husband wasn't thrilled with him wanting to play in a kitchen. I laughed and said, do you know how much money Bobby Flay and Emeril make???? I would be proud to cheer on my son in Kitchen Stadium or a football stadium! Either way, I don't think they will get a kitchen for Christmas. The one my daughter wants has several bad reviews for cheap construction. I always check out the reviews from other parents when making a purchase. All the other, better made kitchens cost up in the hundreds. So we'll be putting that off for now. She also wants the WWE Elimination Chamber play set, so maybe we'll get her that instead. Yes, I said my DAUGHTER wants a wrestling play set. She likes John Cena the best. I can't figure it out. She has been coo coo for wrestling ever since she was 4 years old. Every Monday and Friday, she crawls up on HHH's lap and they watch the shows together. She can even tell you who is coming out of the back by just hearing the entrance music!




Today, we aren't doing much. We may go walk around the flea market. Never made it out there yesterday. Everyone just procrastinated too much and it was closing up before we ever got out of the house! It looks crappy outside right now so we may not do that either. Oh well, it may just be a lazy Sunday here. Not that I mind........

No comments: