Thursday, December 20, 2007

Published for the Third Time!!




I just got an early Christmas gift! The paper published my article again for the third time! I am walking on sunshine! This was the one I wrote about my son's trip to the Nutcracker. No I didn't write it up like I did here for the blog...... I was actually kind and wrote a nice little piece about the kids. Yeah, yeah, I'm going soft. Either way I am going to the newspaper offices today and trying to get a few extra copies. I tried to buy some extra papers from Wally World, but none of those had the section I was looking for. Crap ass Wal-mart. Man that place was a circus! First, my HHH was circling the parking lot looking for a close space, (yeah, right!), then it was "walk slow and stop for no reason" day inside the place! I am trying to get to the damn pharmacy to buy the new Glucose Meter for my son to replace the one he shattered and there are these Mensa candidates just meandering around the aisles with empty carts! Stupid! And every time I try to go around them, they cut to the left or right and block me in. I was beginning to think I was in a NASCAR race. Dumb asses. I am going to Toys R Expensive today to see if they have a few things I couldn't locate. My daughter wants a Hannah Montana Tooth Tunes. Of course Wally World didn't have it. On to more shopping today.....




Last night, as a treat, we took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. They were spell bound for the entire time. I was glad to see that something from my childhood can still endure and make my kids happy. They sang the Chipmunk Song the whole way home. Of course the songs got an update. Witch Doctor had a hip hop beat that appealed to the younger set. It was almost two hours long too. I was surprised about that. I didn't think they could milk out more than an hour fifteen from a former Saturday morning cartoon. I was reading online about how Mr. Bagdasarian has kept the rights to the Chipmunk characters all these years even though people like Disney and Universal had been trying for YEARS to buy them out. Now the family is rich rich rich! It was nice to see someone didn't just see dollar signs when they created an icon. My daughter, (the little one), ate 3 bags of popcorn. I didn't know where she was putting it. You see this sweet little girl with big eyes and blond curls and all of a sudden she turns into the monster that ate EVERYTHING! Lucky for me we got the refillable bag.




Well, I have a little more shopping to do. Time to stop procrastinating.......


No comments: