Friday, December 21, 2007

Last Day of the Year at School.


The kids are off to school for the last time this calender year. It's pretty much going to be playing, parties, and fun today. I am not looking forward to entertaining them for the next two weeks, though. I can hear it now....."MOM! They won't play with me!" "MOM! I'm hungry!" "MOM! I wanna go outside!" Yeesh! It will never end until they go back. I probably won't get to sleep in either because they are used to getting up at 6 am every day. ("MOM, I want breakfast!") God help me.......


Junior went to school today, armed with copies of his newspaper story, which is actually my newspaper story. He was excited to show his class his picture in the paper. The teacher in my sons class was conspicuously absent, so she can read about it in the news, but if she really wants to know what happened, she'll have to read my blog from that day....


I finished up the shopping with HHH yesterday. Thank heaven for Wally-World and their deep under cutting of the other toy stores prices! I couldn't have gotten half of what I wanted at Toys R Expensive! Their prices are ridiculous! We also did the food shopping for the next two weeks while we were there. However..... it was still Old Fart Walking Slowly Day. After seeing the Chipmunk movie, I couldn't help but hear the line, "You drive like my Grandmother!" in my head. (No I didn't say it.) We had most of the problems just trying to get into the place. What do these people do? Make a plan at the senior center to walk 4 across and block every freakin' aisle??? Do they have charts and diagrams as to how to slow down society to their speed??? OMG, that got on my ever last lovin' nerve! Then there are the folks who just wander aimlessly around the store looking lost, but if you ask them if they need any help they yell at you to leave them alone! Jeeze!

Everyone got something they had asked for on their lists. It may not have been their first choice, but it was something they asked for. Now I have to make with the wrapping paper and bows. I think I am going to wait and put everything out Christmas Eve. This is partly due to snooping little kids, and partly because my rat of a dog will lift his leg on them! Someone is getting put in a dog crate that night!!


I am still singing that damn Garmin song! They play that commercial so many times a day the words are burned into my cortex!

" Look there's a moose, Give me a noose,

I'm lost again, Where's highway ten,..."

At least it's a funny one, though. Some of these commercials are getting sooooo sappy as the holiday gets closer. Now the politico's are getting into it with holiday commercials of their own. Merry Christmas and don't forget to vote for me! Whoo hoo. That's a holiday message! Makes me glad that our primaries are after the New Year. It just sees like the season hasn't been as jolly this year. Murders are spiking, there are more people vanishing from their homes, and all kinds of other crimes are on the rise. CNN showed this story on a Holiday pageant that was going great until some parents began having a brawl right in the middle of the audience! WHAT?!? Seems one father was unhappy about a student who pushed his daughter on stage, and when he approached that student to express his displeasure, the other kid's parents started swinging. Makes you want to say Merry Christmas, huh?


Well, I have gift wrapping to do. Gotta run.....


3 comments:

Russ said...

Merry Christmas! Just leave the box of cereal down so the kids can get to it (don't know if the diabetic ones can have cereal or not) and that should buy you a couple minutes, before they start fighting...

Upset Waitress said...

You know what, I'm going to rant in your comments. I really don't appreciate FLORIDA letting our kids out early for so called hurricane days. Our kids should go to school during a hurricane and stay there until it's dammed over(safer than our shitbox). So, not only did we get all these half days this year because there were NO hurricanes, we got the Christmas break early. This just screwed my family up. We are like "does he have school today or not", or "Golly I have to call off work today"... Bull shit. Does this last minute crap happen to you up there in Stewart?

Sorry about the rant :(

Blondefabulous said...

U.W.-- We live a half mile from the beach, so we have Hurricane days built in, but man, they weren't letting us out unless we were getting a direct hit! The only one that just grazed us didn't let us out early for nothing!