Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The First Cold of the Season

Sung to "Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
It's the most crappiest time of the year,
With the sneezing, the sore throat,
We're all in the same boat,
When cold season's near,
It's the most crappiest time of the year!
OMG! I woke up this morning with a grapefruit in my throat! No wait, that's just my lymph nodes swollen to infinite degrees! Yes, my little carrier monkeys have finally managed to wear me down and get me sick. My little boy was sooooo cute this morning. Our new TV blew it's lamp last night, so I was watching CNN in his room while the kids got ready for school, and he got in bed with me and snuggled me, saying "It's alright, Momma. You go rest and watch TV... we'll be ok." I almost cried. Did I look that bad??? Either way, I feel bad. I am mainlining tea with honey right now, I have some home made chicken and rice I'm going to have for lunch. If I add a little more broth to it, voila'.... chicken soup! That should help.
So for now, all I have is the sore throat and a slight fever. I am a little achy too. I need to get up and do some cleaning, but that's probably not going to happen. I am going to rest up until I have to go to the school. After that I amgoing to send HHH to the bus stop for the kids in the afternoon.
Ok, now what's been going on in the world.... oh yeah. I saw this yesterday and had a good laugh. CVS Pharmacies is putting out a take home Paternity test! Yes, I said paternity test! Not only can you test for when you are ovulating, and test to see if you're pregnant, now your man can test to see if he's really the daddy!! This will be particularly helpful for those back woods rednecks and ghetto fabulous crackheads who are lined up to get on the Maury Povich show with the seven men they think are the daddy. LOL! I almost laughed my ass off at that one!
What else.......... Ok, Californiacrowned the WRONG woman as Miss California. Huh?? How does that happe? Don't they always say something to the effect of....." and all results are independantly confirmed by the accounting firm of Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe", yadda yadda yadda.... They apparently found the mistake after the woman got the crown and sash and took her walk thanking everyone and waving. How embarassing! She is going to beforever known as the "Queen for a Day".
Well, that's all I have for now. I'm going to hit the hay till 10:30. What have you found funny in the news lately..............?

No comments: