Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving+relatives= Time to clean!

Ahh, it is that time of year again. Time to clean every nook and cranny in your house if you are the lucky winner of the race to host the family Thanksgiving! I am buried in laundry, cleaning products, and dishes right now. We do not have a formal or informal dining room here. I have to go out and get a folding table with chairs for the kids to eat on. As it stands... I keep trying to get HHH to fix a few things around the house, but he is so tired when he gets home I feel bad about asking him to do it. I need a ceiling fan replaced, a toilet seat fixed or replaced, and my kitchen light cover put back on. Yesterday he was soooooo pooped when he got home, I just met him at the door with a plate of dinner, (bacon onion meatloaf, potatoes, and corn), a cold drink, and put on Ocean's 13 for him to relax to.
I also have the .......shudder......... wonderful task of going into my kids rooms and cleaning out their crap that has collected over the year. I go through this before every holiday season and weed out the broken toys, junk, and just plain crap. I want to be able to walk, not wade into their rooms.
So, for Thanksgiving dinner, I am putting together a menu that will include :
Roast Turkey
Home Made Stuffing
Brown Sugar Butter Yams
Croissant Rolls
Corn Casserole
Home Made Gravy
Broccoli Cheese casserole
Cranberry Sauce
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie
I don't make the cranberry sauce. I get the jellied kind from the can. Funny how we stick to the things we grew up with as kids. I can't imagine a holiday season with out that "SLUCK" sound the jellied cranberry sauce makes when it come out of the can. Love it! I also can't wait to watch the Macy's Parade this year. I would help my mom make the stuffing and all, while watching the parade on TV. Update on mom..... still haven't heard from her since the big to do on Monday. I don't know what to think. I am just going to wait until my Sis goes and sees them on Saturday and get an update from her on how it is going. Dad is supposed to have a CAT Scan tomorrow and I will probably have to get the results from her.
Well, I have to be off. More to clean, more to wash, and I just don't have enough time to do it with. You know how it is.

1 comment:

pinktomato said...

woooo hoooo! you're here! well hey, dont fret thanksgiving, seriously. i hosted it the first year we moved back to ohio from florida - i sent cute handmade invites and dressed up the table...but once 2 families converged onto my homestead - no one noticed all the work i did. so now i just say f-it. but at least everyone was on their best behavior - well - almost everyone. but doesnt everyone think their families are dysfunctional anyway?