Friday, November 16, 2007

Still Cleaning.... with Brownies on the Side.


Ok, I am still cleaning up the house. It is a constant thing since my family loves to drop everything EVERYWHERE! I will have cleaned all day long, gotten the house in order, vacuumed, disinfected, scrubbed, etc, etc...... and in one felled swoop, my kids come home from school, HHH comes home from work, and the whole place goes back to chaos in 5 minutes! I remember this cartoon I saw in the paper where the mom cleans up all day, and when her teenage son comes home, he leaves a trail from the door all the way to the living room with his stuff. That's me.


I got to my son's room yesterday. It was scary. Luckily, since he's 5, he doesn't remember much of what I threw out. Just junk, papers, crappy toys from birthday parties at Chuckie Cheeses. Man, do those things worry me! They are all made in China!! CHINA!!! The place that coats toys in chemicals that turn into GHB! I tossed all that out. I have already had to take toys away from all my kids this year.... I don't need any more grief with that. Today I hit the girls room. I made them pick up the initial stuff last night and this morning, and I warned them that if something was on the floor, it was getting tossed out. Wish me luck.


In the middle of all my cleaning, I made HHH home made brownies. Yep, just pulled together some stuff in the pantry and *poof*..... brownies! HHH was thrilled. I think he likes being married to a cheffy type person. It does get him lots of great food, but I am expanding his waistline though. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas, he's really happy because I make all my family recipes from decades ago. Yummy! The corn Casserole is new this year though. Also, to revise the menu from yesterday, take out the broccoli casserole and add mashed potatoes. I;m going to get some Yukon Golds and make it from scratch. Butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.... whoo hooo.... I'm gonna clog my arteries!


And once more, with feeling................. I KNEW IT!!!!! (Bonds is a liar!)

2 comments:

Russ said...

Zits is one of my favorite cartoons! One of the few that I actually follow, that and Dilbert (to remind me why I'm not in a big hurry to go back to the work-a-day world).

Blondefabulous said...

Yeah... it's very true to life. I likeCathy too!