Friday, November 23, 2007

I Don't Feel So Good.




OMG! I am feeling soooo sick right now! I woke up at 4 am sick to my stomach and had to get up. SO i have been cruising the Internet and CNN for amusement and something to take my mind off wanting to puke my guts out! I think my disregard of my Celiac's has something to do with it. I don't have full blown Celiac's, but I have the craptastical, pain in the ass symptoms that come with it. I guess that's what I get for being the generation in between. My Mother and my Daughter have the full blown Celiac's. That pie with the flour crust just looked sooooooooooo inviting. Guess I shouldn't have had 3 pieces......


So I am now sitting here with my son who got up about the same time as I did. He's enjoying Apple Jacks and watching CNN with me. I think I am going to go shower and eat some crackers or something. One thing I am not going to do today is go shopping. I used to like to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but not anymore. Ever since the stores started opening at 4am and people started shooting each other for $25 DVD players, it just hasn't been the fun outing I remember from my youth. When I was a kid, my Mom and Dad would take me out to West Palm and we would look at the decorations, shop at the mall, (It was the big one back then), go out to a nice restaurant and have a great meal, and maybe pick up a few thing for Christmas. Now, people wait all night in the cold to be able to get trampled when some pimply faced kid finally opens a door to the local Wal-Mart. STUPID! I am so glad I don't wait tables anymore either. There is a link on the right to a great site called Raging Server. This dude puts up with way more than I EVER would. I thought I had it bad! What ever happened to people showing "Good will toward men"? Seems like it has been changed over to "Grab all you can, F**K everyone else"!


Don't mind me, I am just sick and tired from waking up too early. The cat I trying to make me feel better with his presence. He keeps following me around and laying on my feet. He knows I don't feel good. Either that or he's hungry. I try to think the best from my fuzzies. Yesterday we revived an old tradition I had from back in my college days. We went to the beach! Back when I was in college, I was in the marching band, and every year the Florida-FloridaState game fell on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That meant practice for us when everyone got to go home for the holiday. I got depressed one year when the folks couldn't come up to see me, so I drove out to the beach and marveled in the fact that I lived in a place where it was possible to wade in the surf in late November! I'm sorry for all you snow addicts, but that's just cool! So after I got the turkey out of the oven, we loaded up the car and drove over to Hutchinson Island to walk on the shore and collect some seashells. The tourists were out in force. You could tell they were tourists by their lack of pigmentation. They were light, bright, and damn near WHITE! There were some pretty good waves, so the surfers were out there too! I love Florida. When we lived in Memphis I couldn't stand the snow! Hubby called his brother who still lives there and he said it was 37 degrees there! HA! Not for me anymore. I couldn't stand that crap!


Well, I am off to take some Pepto. I feel just ratty. Luckily there are plenty of leftovers so I don't have to cook today. Everyone is on their own! Peace, love, and don't kill over a damn DVD player!

No comments: